Psychology can positively impact mental well-being and development.
We can help with your child’s:
What is Psychology?
Psychology is a discipline where health professionals support clients with concerns about their personal development, behaviour, emotional regulation, performance (eg. occupational, academic, social, sporting) and/or other mental health concerns. Psychologists utilise a number of tools to assess the needs of their clients and support them to overcome some of life’s challenges.
Some of the areas in which our psychologists can provide support:
- Developing social understanding, social skills and social confidence
- Understanding and managing their emotion
- Overcoming adversity
- Coping with anxieties including Panic, OCD, phobias, PTSD and generalized anxiety
- Processing grief, trauma and loss
- Managing stress and anger
- Building healthy relationships and attachments with parents and family member
Learning skills for assertiveness
- Learning strategies to overcome learning and performance difficulties
- Developing independence and understanding the importance of personal safety
- Managing the effects of chronic illness and chronic pain
- Boosting confidence and self-esteem
- Developing identity
Seeing a psychologist can sometimes seem confronting. Here is what you can expect at your first appointment: